Saturday, February 18, 2012

Avoriaz World Rookie Tour 2011

It's been a long time since I haven't posted so here are the latest from the camera; I've been in Avoriaz, France during the World Rookie Tour event, a snowboard/ski competition for riders born from january 1st 1994 to December 31st 1996 (so-called Rookie) and riders born from January 1st 1997 and up (so called Grom), both guys and girls. All contests of the World Rookie Tour will generate valuable results for the new World Rookie Rank developed by WSF (World Snowboard Federation) in association with the TTR (Ticket To Ride association) (info from worldrookietour.com).

Sadly enough I had to leave the day of the finals so these are the pictures from the training session, which was quite impressive given the age of the riders. I saw some pretty hard landings too, one of them nearly broke his shoulder. But for my first winter shooting, I got some pretty decent pictures! A 1D mk II + 70-200 2.8 was used, and I missed my 16-35 for the whole shoot (I-will-never-forget-it-home-I-will-never-forget-it-home). Note that all images here are subject to copyright.

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment